With another New Year approaching I am once again doing our January moth challenge. The challenge is to record 10 macro and or 5 micro species (or of course, as many species as you can record) during January. As many of you have found out in the past, this is definitely not an easy challenge, but it’s well worth having a go at as it generates many extra winter records when recording is often very sparse. It’s also a bit of fun, so go on, have a go, see how you get on, you might surprise yourselves!
There are only a few basic rules I would ask you to follow:-
1) Adults only to be recorded.
2) Records from a single site only.
3) Using one trap only.
4) Anyone can take part, but if you're not a recorder in Montgomeryshire you will have to let me know you're taking part so that I can contact you for your results.
I will ask you for your results at the end of January when I will ask you for a simple list of:-
1) What species you recorded.
2) How many moths of each species you recorded
3) How many days you trapped on.
Have fun – see if you can beat your total of last year.
Happy New year to all of you and I hope you all have some great mothing in 2017.