Recorded 161 species in total. There was an amazing showing of micros - making up half of the species list, which is a much high proportion than I usually get. A good chunk of the macros were new to the site, as were most of the micros.
Macros. Most notable record was a Beech-green Carpet. Other nice things included Scallop Shell, Blomer's Rivulet (about 20 seen) and Clouded Magpie.
Best micro records:
- Epiblema tetragonana - a nationally scarce A species. New for the county.
- Elachista adscitella - an Nb species. New county record.
- Mompha lacteella - Nb. New CR.
- Coleophora taeniipennella - new CR
- Nemaxera betulinella - Nb. Second county record.
- Cydia fagiglandana - second county record
- Coleophora flavipennella - second CR.
Other good micros included Ypsolopha nemorella, Scoparia ancipitella, Epinotia signatana and Zeiraphera ratzeburgiana.
Photos and species list below:
|Dolforwyn Woods (17/07/14)|