Tuesday 22 April 2014

What a little 'Beauty'!

When I used to trap in Surrey the Brindled Beauty was an annual species I used to get in the trap and sometimes in quite good numbers as well, but when I moved to Wales back in 2003, little did I realise, at the time, that I wasn't to see this species again. That was, not until this morning, as, when I opened the trap there it was beaming out at me and I can tell you, I beamed right back at it, an old friend had turned up after ten years of absence, what a warming moment!

Only a few years ago there was a lot of discussion as to whether the Brindled Beauty could be found in Montgomeryshire and it was only finally confirmed in 2010. Since then it has slowly been recorded around the county and now we are up to16 records, hopefully we'll see more of it in the coming years.

Brindled Beauty




Peter.

1 comment:

  1. Well done Peter - I can imagine how thrilled you were.

    ReplyDelete