Monday 19 August 2013

Llanymynech Rocks photos

I had been unable to attend the MMG events at Llanymynech Rocks in previous years and had read the reports with envy - so many species that I'd not yet encountered.  So I made a determined effort this year to go, and I certainly wasn't to be disappointed.  By now you should have read Peter's full report of the event, so here I've put some of my photos to complement that report, firstly some of the macros:


Annulet

Broad-bordered Yellow Underwing
Chinese Character
Gold Spot
Lychnis
Magpie
Pretty Chalk Carpet
Shaded Broad-bar
Small Waved Umber
Swallow Prominent
And now for a few of the many micro-moth species recorded.  No apologies for the first one (Agapeta zoegana) which I also featured in my Dolforwyn Woods photo blog last month: this one is a much better picture, I think.

Agapete zoegana
Catoptria pinella
Eulamprotes atrella
Pleuroptya ruralis (Mother of Pearl)
Pyrausta cingulata
Pyrausta despicata
Pyrausta purpuralis
Stenoptilia pterodactyla (Brown Plume)
Yponomeuta evonymella (Bird-cherry Ermine)

And finally I couldn't resist including this photo of a Common Green Grasshopper nymph - just shows that you never know what might be attracted to the trap lights!

Common Green Grasshopper (nymph)

Hopefully you might also be tempted to go along to Llanymynech Rocks next year - I'm sure you'll find it worthwhile.
Peter B.

No comments:

Post a Comment