Wednesday 24 July 2013

Dolforwyn Woods photos

Regular readers may recall that at the start of this year I announced my withdrawal from mothing activities at Morben Isaf; I can now reveal that I have defected over the county border to VC48 (Merionethshire) at our new caravan park at Bala.  However I still try to get to as many MMG events as I can, so when Peter W told me that his back problems wouldn't let him run the Dolforwyn Woods event and asked if I could help out (with Douglas as the main man), I was only too pleased to oblige.

As Douglas has summarised in his event report, we had a very good evening with well over 100 species noted including Lilac Beauty, Blomer's Rivulet and Beautiful Snout, none of which I'd seen before; and what was nice for me was to see such a high proportion of micro-moths amongst the catch - about 25% - including the colourful Agapeta zoegana, Aethes rubigana, Alabonia geofrella, Archips xylosteana (Variegated Golden Tortrix)  and Tortrix viridana (Green Oak Tortrix), all of which were new to me.

So here are a selection of photos from that evening, firstly some macro-moths:




Barred Yellow

Beautiful Snout
 
Blomer's Rivulet
Clouded Magpie
Lilac Beauty
Coronet  (fresh olive-green colouration)
 
 And now some of the more interesting micro-moths:


Aethes rubigana
Agapeta zoegana

Alabonia geoffrella
Apotomis turbidana

Archips xylosteana (Variegated Golden Tortrix)
Eucosma hohenwartiana
Tortrix viridana (Green Oak Tortrix)

 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment