Friday 18 May 2012

How about using the blog for identification?


It has recently been brought to my attention that the blog could be used as a tool for id purposes and I think the idea certainly has some merit.

As you regular moth-ers know, you can always send me photos of those species which are tricky to id, this is fine and the job always gets done, but have you ever thought about posting your photos for id onto the blog so that anyone can make a suggestion as to what species you’ve got. I think involving everybody would be very useful to all of you in sharpening those id skills plus it would give us all more interaction with each other. I would of course keep an eye on things and should any photo remain unnamed I of course will put my two penny worth in.

I appreciate of course where large amounts of photos for id are concerned, that this might not be the best way to go about things and in this case anyone can still contact me directly to get their photos id’d.

It would be great if we could give this idea a go, but of course if anyone wishes to still come directly to me with their id’s that will be fine too.

Peter.

No comments:

Post a Comment